Buyee Protective Packaging

Auctions on Yahoo Japan
eternaltorture

Buyee Protective Packaging

Post by eternaltorture »

I bought my first cel and some production sketch sets 2 weeks ago. I'm thinking of consolidating and shipping them out via DHL asap.

For anyone who has bought multiple cels/sketches using Buyee and chose to consolidate them into one shipment, do you guys add protective packaging?
On reddit, someone said Buyee ships the item as they received it from the seller if you don't opt for PP. Does that mean Buyee removes the seller's packaging and re-pack if PP is requested?
Ginta
Otaku - Fanatic

Re: Buyee Protective Packaging

Post by Ginta »

I don't unless I ship something very fragile because the original package and the consolidated package are often already protective packaging. I used to use that and the extra 500 yen to check the item but I stopped using both because they're a waste of money unless I really think I'll need them.

They put the packages they received in a larger box with packing material. I don't remember what happens when I used PP.
eternaltorture

Re: Buyee Protective Packaging

Post by eternaltorture »

Thanks for the reply! Wish I saw this much earlier, I asked for protective packaging on the 28th X| now my shipping cost is well over $200
I will make sure to skip it for future shipments :bounce