Buyee YJ/ Mercari Japan Question

Auctions on Yahoo Japan
kizu
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Buyee YJ/ Mercari Japan Question

Post by kizu »

Hi Guys. Wasn't really sure where to post this but I have a question on Mercari Japan. So one way to buy on YJ is through buyee and it's somewhat automated bidding. Mercari itself allows you to use Buyee but I've noticed there seems to be a lag, depositing money is no problem it's instant but when I place the buy order, it doesn't immediately buy fro Mercari. It almost seems like they have to manually intervene and buy it because I remember waiting for a few hours before the item i was buying was actually bought and appeared on my account and showed up as sold in the Mercari Japan website.

I was wondering for those who used Buyee if that was the case for you? And is there an alternative where purchasing at Mercari is more real time? Meaning if I place an order in the deputy it's only minutes till it's actually bought as opposed to hours. Thank you in advance.
jiangdc
Juuyaku - Executive

Re: Buyee YJ/ Mercari Japan Question

Post by jiangdc »

kizu wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:03 am Hi Guys. Wasn't really sure where to post this but I have a question on Mercari Japan. So one way to buy on YJ is through buyee and it's somewhat automated bidding. Mercari itself allows you to use Buyee but I've noticed there seems to be a lag, depositing money is no problem it's instant but when I place the buy order, it doesn't immediately buy fro Mercari. It almost seems like they have to manually intervene and buy it because I remember waiting for a few hours before the item i was buying was actually bought and appeared on my account and showed up as sold in the Mercari Japan website.

I was wondering for those who used Buyee if that was the case for you? And is there an alternative where purchasing at Mercari is more real time? Meaning if I place an order in the deputy it's only minutes till it's actually bought as opposed to hours. Thank you in advance.
Yes, buyee as well as other service website have lag. As far as I know, the only way to make immediate buy at Mercari is to own an account and register Japanese payment method. Also I have heard that since Mercari is super anti-foreniger, they detect any login outside Japan and freeze accounts oftenly, which means that the best way is to be physically in Japan or have someone physically there that can respond quickly.
Autograph focused collection. Collect cel, genga and douga on favorite characters from animes.
RS: http://jiangdc.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp
INS: https://www.instagram.com/dccollectiongallery/
kizu
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Re: Buyee YJ/ Mercari Japan Question

Post by kizu »

Thank you for your reply. I was hoping for a better deputy than buyee in terms of promptness. I guess that just means I'll always be at a disadvantage since I have no Japan account and have no Japan connections. LOL. Oh well. I hope some deputy figures that out soon. I really like the automated bidding that deputies have but i hate the "Order from store" feature...