Zenmarket issues/good deputy that ships fast?

Auctions on Yahoo Japan
tarakatsuki
Eiyuu - Hero

Zenmarket issues/good deputy that ships fast?

Post by tarakatsuki »

After taking a break from buying things off YJ, I started up again this year. I used From Japan a lot in the past, until they increased their fees, and then used SMJ who sadly we know is no longer around. I have been trying Zenmarket this year, and so far I've only tried to have three packages shipped to me. First one back in March went well, second package last month took about a couple of weeks to even be dropped off at the post office after I paid for the shipping, despite the site stating packages are taken to the post office within two business days of paying for the shipment. And this month I created a package over two weeks ago, and it is still in the "packing in progress" status. Is this typical for zenmarket, or am I just having bad luck?

Debating going back to FJ because everything was done pretty timely, or perhaps Buyee, although I understand they are super expensive for shipping. Never tried Rinkya but I saw that site being mentioned. In terms of more prompt service, which site seems to be the best for that?

Has anybody used Jauce?
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Re: Zenmarket issues/good deputy that ships fast?

Post by cutiebunny »

I created a package on 10/10 and still have not received an invoice from Zenmarket. This is the first time I've had this sort of experience with them.

I contacted them yesterday and asked if they could give me an update as to the status of the packing but have not heard anything yet.

I was planning on buying some items through their service this weekend but I'm going to hold off until I hear anything about the status of the package in process now.
tarakatsuki
Eiyuu - Hero

Post by tarakatsuki »

I created my package on 10/10 as well and sent a couple emails to them through the customer support link and no response yet. I'm getting really annoyed. I also have 4 items that I haven't asked to be packed yet so as soon as the last one arrives I'll just ask to pack them and be done with them I suppose, if this is how it's going to be. :shrug
tarakatsuki
Eiyuu - Hero

Post by tarakatsuki »

Actually I just heard back..."Thank you for the inquiry.
Unfortunately, we are still experiencing delays with warehouse operation and packing process could take around 2 weeks.
When the items are added to a new parcel and waiting for packing, we don't charge the storage fee. A storage days calculation completely stops as soon as an an international shipping fee is paid.
The parcel will be ready as soon as it is possible for us in the current situation.
We sincerely apologize for the caused inconvenience and hope for your kind understanding. "
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

I just received my package from them (I had it sent via DHL) so I am assuming that things are slowly going back to normal with them. I hope you get yours soon too :)
StinkyNeko

Post by StinkyNeko »

For years now I have been using From Japan. I switch to Zen Market because I saw all the good reviews. I been using Zen Market for about 8 months now. Last month I had a list of auctions I wanted to bid on and few back ups if the first few failed. Didn't win anything. The next day I asked for my funds back. On the terms and service agreement says PayPal funds would be returned immediately. Waited 4 days and nothing happened. I contacted Zen Market for a update. 3 days later I got a responses saying it will take 2-10 business days. I waited the 10 business days. Still nothing and now I had to open a dispute with PayPal. Maybe I should have given them more time. I'll be going back to From Japan. I never had any issues with them. I should have never left them.
Wickedcels

Post by Wickedcels »

I have been using ZenMarket for quite some time now and have never had any problems. The only thing I wish is that one of these deputies offer a service where you can sell your cels on Yahoo Japan Auctions.
tarakatsuki
Eiyuu - Hero

Post by tarakatsuki »

Fortunately I got the box in question a week ago. It took two weeks for it to get packed and send me the invoice to pay to have it shipped here. There's a notice on the website saying there is a significant delay in everything with them now due to the Emergency Protocol/unusual high amount of orders/staff shortage so everything is going to be moving slowly right now...I had been happy with Zenmarket, and no issues with items being lost or packed poorly, so I kept using them. And I contributed to the high amount of orders issue these past two weeks lol...
Noriko010884
Eiyuu - Hero

Post by Noriko010884 »

Given your experiences would you still recommend Zenmarket or would you suggest going with From Japan? I always used Rinkya in the past but from what I read recently it is more expensive than many alternatives. :?
tarakatsuki
Eiyuu - Hero

Post by tarakatsuki »

Noriko010884 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:07 am Given your experiences would you still recommend Zenmarket or would you suggest going with From Japan? I always used Rinkya in the past but from what I read recently it is more expensive than many alternatives. :?
Yes I actually love Zenmarket and am happy to stick with them. It seems the major delays they were having back then are no longer, which is awesome. I am using both Zenmarket and Buyee right now, since they seem to be the only way to shop with Mercari. Buyee is more expensive and it seems they are slightly faster in packaging your items to ship and sending them, but I much more prefer the layout of Zenmarket's website. I originally used FJ but that was before their fees went up. Never tried Rinkya.
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

Rinkya, for the record, has always been reliable but slowish to pack and comparatively expensive. Lately, the rates have become comparatively more in line with others and the shipping is now wicked fast. They also pack very securely, to the extent that opening a Rinkya box is an adventure in itself, requiring box cutters, surgical scissors, and patience, in reverse order.
Noriko010884
Eiyuu - Hero

Post by Noriko010884 »

tarakatsuki, thank you for your response. I have set up an account with ZenMarket and see how I get on.

sensei, thank you too for the update on Rinkya as it has been years since I used their service. It's goood to hear that they are being more competitive as I never had any problems with them, I just put the feelers out for alternatives as I read that their fees were higher than their competitors. At least I know I can fall back on a reliable company/service if need be :)