Persona 5

Topics on video games and platforms
Frysende
Anime Geek

Persona 5

Post by Frysende »

Any Persona fans in here? Persona 5 finally gets its US release on Tuesday and I'm practically crying with joy. Sadly, I decided to leave the PS4 at home this semester, so it's going to be sitting in my dorm room for a month while I drool over it.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Re: Persona 5

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

Welllllll...good to see a fellow JRPG fan here. This year started out real strong for us...FF XV carrying us into the year, tales of berseria, nier automata, and now persona 5. Not sure whats going to be good mid of this year, but end of year is xenoblade 2, and who knows, maybe even shenmue 3 :D

Looking forward to receiving the game this week, and don't want to be spoiled by game related info online, but hope to see some major changes with their whole system from P4, berseria and nier both successfully implemented some drastic but beautiful changes in respect to their previous titles.
Frysende
Anime Geek

Post by Frysende »

I've been dying to get my hands on Nier Automata as well, but I took up the cel hobby during the Q1 of great new releases. Tales of Berseria also looks nice, but I'm a little lukewarm on the Tales series in general.

Always glad to discuss JRPGs with my compatriots. I'm currently using Persona 4 to talk about gendered language and constructed identity through Japanese grammar in my term paper, so it's all in all been a good year for my JRPG love.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

Frysende wrote: I'm currently using Persona 4 to talk about gendered language and constructed identity through Japanese grammar in my term paper, so it's all in all been a good year for my JRPG love.
Haha, nice. Played my share of JRPGs over the years but I've not taken that much out of any single title as you have. I do recall the original P4 for its very awesome and distinctive individual characters development, and the mystery elements, so looking forward to check out P5 when it gets here. See lots of suspiciously high review scores already and need to find out what its about.

Nier Automata has very smooth and fast paced combat system thats fun and very easy to get used to, clever plot twists and remarkable song tracks. If you skip all the side quests and grind can probably get all the main endings in 50 hrs or less, Ive found it a very rewarding exp and would highly recommend it, can probably buy and then sell it back on ebay after done to recoup most of your money back too, don't think theres going to be a big dip on market price for such an awesome title anytime soon.
Tsunami3k
Anime Geek

Post by Tsunami3k »

As much as I love Soejima's artwork (Aegis perhaps being my favorite character design of all time), I have yet to play any of the Persona games. My ability to indulge in a console has been stuck in an anticadence with the availability of JRPGs for over a decade now that I'd all but given up hope but, as it turns out, my biannual check for news of a PC port was today and it turns out that, finally, Atlus seems to be warming to the idea of a PC port:

http://us.blastingnews.com/gaming/2017/ ... 77801.html

My guess is that Sega has been leaning on them heavily, basically offering to do the port and support for a cut of the profits. No doubt the success of NieR:Automata (also never played but love the OST) on PC raised the brows of more than a few console game makers; that combined with Sega's talent for porting games effectively means free money for anyone closely associated with them. Perhaps it's just conjecture by the game media but this is very compelling news if true.
Frysende
Anime Geek

Post by Frysende »

I want everyone to be able to play the Persona games, so a PC port is great news to me! Lots of (mainly older) JRPGs are getting releases on PC now. I didn't think I'd ever see the day when Final Fantasy IX would be on Steam, but here we are. It's a market that was ignored for some time, but since Sega has had success with Valkyria Chronicles on Steam, as well as the NieR: Automata factor, I think the floodgates could well open up.