Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Spring 2018 Anime Season

Post by Keropi »

Random Curiosity:
http://randomc.net/2018/03/24/spring-2018-preview/

AniChart:
http://anichart.net/Spring-2018

Since I haven't been reading much manga, I'm not familiar with many of these titles. I am looking forward to seeing:

Hinamatsuri ----- I found the manga to be quite funny. I never thought this would get an anime adaption.

Mahou Shoujo Site ----- I read some of the manga and it seemed decently interesting.

Steins Gate 0

Not a long list this time.

I'm surprised that the isekai cooking story got an anime adaption. I've been told that the Japanese have a thing for those cooking segments in their stories.

Anyone looking forward to seeing anything?
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Re: Spring 2018 Anime Season

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

Looks like its going to be another spectacular season, Interested to checkout:

Boku no Hero Academia 3
Caligula
Devil's Line
Cutie Honey Universe
Dorei-ku The Animation
FLCL Progressive
Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory
Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu
Golden Kamuy
High School DxD HERO
Juushinki Pandora
Lostorage Conflated WIXOSS
Lupin III: Part V
Mahou Shoujo Site
Persona 5 The Animation (can't say I enjoyed the game, but watching it as a series might be interesting)
Saredo Tsumibito wa Ryuu to Odoru
Souten no Ken: REGENESIS
Steins;Gate 0
Tokyo Ghoul:re

Been behind since I'm interested in so many series in winter season, but good that I don't become attached to particular series, its has been difficult to name a favor of season and there are so many on watchlist. Not sure if I'd be able to get to every single one on this new list.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Should be pretty busy for you then. :)

Hinamatsuri should be pretty good if they get the joke timings right. I liked the dry humor from the manga (all those yakuza jokes too). It felt like old school anime dry humor to me.

It looks like isekai anime isn't a big trend after all. They still come out, but there aren't that many at one time. The Chinese are putting out more isekai anime than the Japanese. Who would have thought that? Well, I guess there are a lot of Chinese isekai web/light novels out there.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Has anyone watched any Chinese anime lately?

I've been watching "A Portrait of Jianhu" and "Battle Through the Heavens" S1 and S2. I heard that "Transcend the Gods" was pretty good. The 3-D CG is pretty good for a TV series. Even "The Young Imperial Guards" has some decent 3-D CG with their subtle facial expressions.

"A Portrait of Jianhu" started off very violent and serious in the first episode. It was like a Chinese mafia war in the 1930s, but then it became rather comedic. The humor is a little weird and off-putting, but the series does make me want to see the next episode right away to find out what's going to happen. It took a long time to explain the confusing setup of the story. "Transcend the Gods" is like a video game story of some kind of angelic war. The angels come to modern earth and big battles occur.

I didn't watch too many Japanese anime episodes from this season, but I did keep up with Steins Gate 0 and Black Clover. I've gotten my VHS video tapes down to 138 (though 12 of them consist of my dad's tapes and blank tapes).

Does anyone know where one goes to see what Chinese anime is coming out when? Is there a website with new Chinese anime news info?
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Hey! there's a "Release That Witch" Chinese anime coming out: :hello

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wULYqdT2jc

I really enjoyed that isekai story for about seven hundred something chapters. I thought it was one of the best of the recent isekai web stories in the early chapters. Looks like they will be skipping through the story really fast. Maybe they'll go through several hundred chapters in 15-35 episodes. Chinese anime episodes might only be 12-20 minutes long too. :roll:

Here's the novelupdates link:

https://www.novelupdates.com/series/release-that-witch/