Who Won This CCS Auc? / Tomoyo’s Dream Costumes

Auctions on Yahoo Japan
kaworu5

Who Won This CCS Auc? / Tomoyo’s Dream Costumes

Post by kaworu5 »

A couple of weeks ago I came upon this CCS YA auction (don’t worry about the link since it doesn’t have a picture) and I was wondering if anyone knew who the winner was. The cel up for auction and screenshot are these:
Image Image

When I first saw this auction I was surprised to see a battle costume that I hadn’t seen before. It wasn’t anything that I had on my checklist and it didn’t look like a doujin cell. With a little bit of research and a great Japanese site, I found out where the costume came from. I’d go into detail, but sensei already covered that. I saw that the initial bidder was with SMJ so I looked up information on internal bidding. I thought I could get it by sniping it, but there was a Japanese bidder that did the same and extended the time. After a few rounds of bids, the other SMJ overtook my bid at the last second, which was over three times the final list price. I’d really like to know who got the cel and hope it goes to a good home.

I’d also like to know if anyone has ever seen the other A-1 END cels in the sequence in episode 49. I’ve seen the second one in Marcon one’s gallery, which is quite a gem.

But has anyone ever seen the third one up for sale?

While we’re at it, has anyone seen the episode 63 one where Tomoyo imagines Sakura as a fish?
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Re: Who Won This CCS Auc? / Tomoyo’s Dream Costumes

Post by sensei »

Wasn't me, though I was an interested spectator. I very vaguely recall one of these coming up many years ago on YHJ (ca. 2003-04), but don't recall which. In fact, it may well have been the bunny-ears costume, as there have been cases of some nice items having been sold twice on this auction service.
Macron one
Kamisama - God

Post by Macron one »

It was me, and "at the last second" is no exaggeration, i assure you.
That was without a doubt the single most tense, nerve-racking bidding session i've yet experienced. I have to compliment you on putting up one hell of a fight there, kaworu5! 8)

I had originally kinda hoped to be able to do a gallery update this week, but as i'm intending to include this particular cel as part of said update, i'm currently still waiting for it to arrive at SMJ's storage. It is certainly taking its sweet time, considering it's already been 3 weeks now. :(
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

Wow. It looks like I should start watching CCS auctions again, as I completely missed this while it was up. Glad to see it is going home with Macron to live with its sister cel. :D

And wow - look who is selling! Our old friend, camp148dde! This person is the nemesis of just about every CCS collector alive, as they used to bid thousands of dollars on every single high-end CCS cel which hit the market. It was almost impossible to win against them.
sensei

Post by sensei »

I'd forgotten that: this makes it all the more likely that this is the second time around for this particular CCS "beauty item." Maybe there will be some additional "second chances" for some nearly forgotten treasures.

Sensei rattles a few doorknobs in Michigan City, Indiana, just checking to make sure they're all properly locked, y'know.
rallihir
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by rallihir »

Very interesting. Those are production cels very worthy of collecting. I hadnt' seen that name camp148dde in a long time. I remember that name as well. It brings back some deep pocketed memories... Perhaps it's worth looking at CCS production cels again in case he/she puts up some gems.
There is no such thing as too much cuteness